Getting a foot in the door to go down the path of success

Another day, another night….So today was sort of uneventful. I woke up, showered, and then headed out to the health department for my yearly check up… and as I turned my iPod on to put my music through the car’s speakers, my reminder came up… my appointment was at 10:00 not 10:30 like I thought. So as I made my way to the clinic, I called and asked if they would still take me. They said yes, so I made it there at 10:35….. to wait a flipping hour and a half to be called in… which was sort of ridiculous but oh well. I saw the Nurse Practitioner who was really nice, and I got my prescription for my BC pills. That was good! I need those. And I had to end up postponing my interview twice.

So then I headed home at around 12:45, got dressed, grabbed my laptop (good thing I did because it would come in handy), and headed up to McHenry. Met the director of a child care facility and had an interview. Apparently I am director qualified and teacher qualified, but my knowledge of DCFS Standards and classroom ratios is not up to snuff. I don’t think I was fit for the job anyways, but it never hurts to interview. So after that, I called my mommy in law, Diane, who is the sweetest woman I know (besides my own mommy) and asked if I could stop by and grab a couple Tylenol for a tooth ache. We chatted for a bit and she showed me what they were doing in the bathroom as far as remodeling and construction, and then home I went….Grabbed some chicken nuggets on my way out… and got home. Spent some time reading and applying for nanny jobs, and then the hubby came home. We sat in the little man’s room and chatted. Then it was time for dinner….yummmy…! Once that was done, Dad came home with Matt’s iGo tip for his phone and we are now charging it. (that’s a story in and of itself)….

Matt brought the boy upstairs for a bath and pajama time while I sat downstairs. Of course the kiddo had to go to bed….so Matt laid with him and he’s asleep now. We decided that we weren’t going to work on my DnD character tonight….too much to think about when really tired. So now it’s time for me to go lay down and watch some Grey’s Anatomy. Thank God for Comcast DVRs!

Tomorrow’s another day…let us see what happens. We have to go to Target to get some stuff for Baby Nicolosi (our upcoming niece/nephew). I think we also may head over to Bass Pro Shops so Jake can see his girlfriends and check out the fish. He loves to do that. Then stop over at the Finney’s to get our hats.

Well, its time for me to scoot. Have a pleasant night! Off to bed I go!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Tag Cloud

%d bloggers like this: